Assess Your Risk
An important step in protecting your health is understanding your risk for HIV. Once you better understand your risk and the behaviors that affect it, you can make the right decisions to protect yourself and your loved ones and take control of your health.
Know Your HIV Risk Factors
Start by answering the questions below.
- Have you injected drugs or steroids or shared equipment (such as needles, syringes, works) with others?
- Have you had unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex with men who have sex with men, multiple partners or anonymous partners?
- Have you exchanged sex for drugs or money?
- Have you been diagnosed with or treated for hepatitis, tuberculosis (TB) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI)?
- Have you had sex with someone who has a history of high-risk sex partners and/or injects drugs?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you are at higher risk for acquiring HIV. By reaching out to one of our prevention specialists, we can help you take the best steps possible to protect your health, including testing, free condoms and syringes and access to PrEP.